The pandemic has brought significant changes to everyone’s daily life, and particularly to workplaces where the return to operations has become a learning curve of new procedures to ensure health and safety. Sanitising and social distancing measures put in place are becoming the norm in organisations, with partitions, face masks and hand sanitisers the most highlighted features.
Although these are necessary measures in order to mitigate the spread of the virus, the truth is that sometimes they will compromise the workplace’ efficiency. One of the most significant impacts will be felt in communication processes where there is a need to change the way the information is carried to the staff.
But how can you connect everyone while keeping them safe?
Revising your communication system to implement instant solutions such as walkie talkies is an effective and simple way to connect work personnel.
Two-way radios allow for an instant close circuit communication at all time, offering efficient information spread while keeping everyone at a safe distance.e
Implementing two-way radios in workplaces has been a solution for a myriad of organisations from office buildings to retail stores as a way to improve communication lines when social distancing. Also, for practical and sanitary reasons, some of these implementations include accessories such as individual headsets or speaker microphones, eliminating the need to share equipment.
To further help with your workplace’s health and safety processes, below, we offer some tips on how to effectively sanitise your sets of radios and accessories and make the most of your devices:
- Give the devices a thorough clean focusing on crevices and main contact areas, preferably with over-the-counter isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) applied to a cloth.
- Consider supplying individual accessories like a FM Radio Ear Defender Headset to each staff member. Not only will this be safer in terms of accessory’s use but will also minimise the need to reach for radios and hold them closer to the employee’s face.
- Avoid sharing radios and especially, accessories such as headsets. If not possible, clean and sanitise them every time they change hands.
- Consider extra features in radios. Depending on your business these can be useful, such as Private Call, offering the possibility to engage in one to one conversation and not with all the group or Noise cancelling, allowing for clear messages even in loud environments. Other features such as GPS tracking, hands-free operation or man-down alerts are also offered in two-way radio devices.
- If your business is healthcare or other sensitive information handling industry, the inclusion of strong encryption is very important. Encryption will safeguard the safety of clients or patients and the organisation. In the case of hospital equipment, the correct configuration by a specialist assures that there won’t be device interference between the radios and the rest of the health equipment.